One of many potato recipes, Boiled and Broiled Potatoes go very well with stews.
Serves 4 – 6
Cooking time: 20 min
You need: a pot, a colander and a roasting pan
- 1 to 1 + 1/2 Kg (2 – 3 Lbs) of potatoes
- 2-3 Tbsp of olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Optional: oregano, marjoram and/or whatever spice or condiment suits your palate.
- Peel and cut the potatoes in cubes.
- Add water in a pot, add salt in the water.
- Put the potatoes in the pot and bring it to boil.
- Turn on the oven to 180C/350F.
- Approx. 10-12 min later, when the potatoes are half-cooked (=not really slipping off the fork) turn off the fire and strain them in a colander.
- Smear a roasting pan with the olive oil.
- Arrange the potatoes in the pan.
- Add salt, pepper and/or your spices.
- Roast them in 180C/350F for about 10 min or so.
Notes on Boiled and Broiled Potatoes
- You could choose to broil the potatoes instead of roasting them. If that’s the case, remember to turn them over otherwise only one side will be cooked.