Tahini Sauce or Tarator is a creamy sauce used with fish, or as a salad dressing, or as a roasted vegetables dressing.
Cooking time: 10 min
You need: a bowl
- 100g tahini
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 Tsp salt
- approx. 100ml cold water
- Add the lemon juice into the tahini and combine both with a spoon (or a fork) until the mixture is thick and fluffy.
- Add the garlic.
- Add the salt.
- Start adding cold water, little at a time and keep stirring. Before you add more water make sure that the mixture has no lumps.
- Keep adding and mixing water until the sauce is creamy, without lumps.
Notes on Tahini Sauce – Tarator
- Goes well with roasted vegetables. Can be used as a salad dressing or a dip, too.
- Regarding the health benefits of tahini, click here.