An easy, uncomplicated and hearty recipe this Korean Potato Soup. One would think that it is ideal for lunch or dinner but in Korea they also serve it as breakfast. The recipe calls for broth or stock, so, depending on the stock you’re going to use the dish can be equally be vegetarian, vegan, lenten or none of the above. Enjoy!
Cooking time: approx. 20 min.
You will need: a skillet.
- 2 large potatoes.
- 2 medium carrots.
- 3 cups of chicken, beef or vegetable broth.
- 1/2 cup of fresh mushrooms, quartered.
- 1 fresh (green) onion, chopped.
- Salt and pepper.
- Peel carrots and potatoes and cut them in bite-size pieces.
- Put them in a large skillet and add the broth.
- Put the skillet on the stove, turn the fire on to medium-high and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Cook, uncovered, for about about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Turn the fire down to low, cover the skillet and cook for another 8 to 10 minutes – until the vegetables are very tender.
- Add the mushrooms.
- Add the green onion.
- Pepper to taste, stir well and cook for another couple of minutes.