Pasta all’ Alfredo
Region: Northern Italy
Yes, Pasta with Butter and Cream – a.k.a. Pasta all’ Alfredo – has very little to do with the all-millennial “tuna salad” lunch or dinner; yet, good food is good food and there’s no two ways about that. 🙂 This is an easy and fast pasta recipe to make – and you don’t need to eat a lot of it to feel satisfied. Enjoy!
Cooking time: approx. 20 min.
You will need: a pot and a skillet.
- 500 g (1 Lb) pasta of our choice – Fettuccine, Linguine, Spaghetti, Gnocchi or any type of pasta you like.
- 1/4 cup of butter.
- 1 cup whipping cream.
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese + additional cheese for serving.
- Salt and pepper.
For the pasta
- Take a pot, fill it up with water up to two thirds, and add salt.
- Put the pot on the stove and turn the fire on to high heat, bringing the water to a boil.
- Add the pasta to the pot and cook, uncovered, according to instructions.
- Drain the pasta.
For the Alfredo sauce
- Take a skillet, add the butter, put it on the stove and turn on the fire to medium heat.
- Melt the butter.
- When the butter foams, add the cream.
- Simmer the mixture for about 2 minutes or until it starts to thicken.
- Season with salt and white pepper.
- Empty the pasta in the skillet with the butter and cream over medium fire.
- Add your 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese.
- Toss the pasta and sauce in the skillet until the sauce coats the pasta. It should take about 20 to 30 seconds.
- Serve immediately, while it’s hot.
- Sprinkle each serving plate with additional Parmesan cheese, to taste.
- If cow milk and dairy does not – in general – agree with you then do try sheep and goat dairy – they are much easier to digest and they also come with certain added bonuses. A few references: