“Advieh” means spice in Persian / Iranian language. It is a spice mixture used in Iranian / Persian cuisine.
Cuisine: Persian / Iranian
Yield: >1/2 cup (30 g)
Preparation time: <10 min
You need: a mixing bowl and spice grinder or mortar and pestle
- 2 Tbsp dried rose petals
- 2 x 3-inch cinnamon sticks, crushed (it will help with the grinding)
- 2 Tbsp cardamom
- 2 Tbsp cumin
- 1 Tbsp ground golpar (Persian hogweed; whole seeds are hard to find)
- Put all the spices together in a bowl and mix them lightly.
- Transfer the mixture to a spice grinder or mortar and pestle.
- Grind to powder.
- Empty the powder to an airtight glass container and keep it in a cool place.
Notes on How To Make Advieh Spice – Persian Spice Mix