We are all “conditioned” to an understanding that Gnocchi – and other pasta – is something that you buy in a box from a store. Well…actually, one can make Gnocchi – and other pasta – at home. Here’s a recipe on How to make Gnocchi.
Cooking time: 45 to 60 min
You need: a saucepan, a bowl, a baking sheet, parchment paper and a potato ricer
- 1/2 Kg (1 Lb) potatoes
- 2 Tsp sea salt, plus more to taste
- 1 + 1/4 cups of flour, plus more for tossing
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Take a big enough saucepan, add water and bring to a boil.
- Add the potatoes into the saucepan.
- Reduce heat to medium-high and simmer for 25 to 30 min until potatoes are tender.
- Drain the potatoes.
- When the potatoes are cool enough, peel and grate them into a bowl. You might want to use a potato ricer.
- Stir in 2 Tsp of salt, flour, and eggs until you form a dough.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface and knead until they are smooth.
- Divide the dough into 6 balls.
- Taking 1 ball at a time, roll the dough into a 50 cm/20 inch rope about 2 cm or 3/4 inc thick.
- Cut crosswise into 2.5 cm or 1 inch pieces and transfer to a parchment paper–lined baking sheet.
- Toss with some flour to prevent sticking.
- Chill until ready to use.
Notes on How to make Gnocchi
- None, really. Enjoy! 🙂