This is a unique one: minced meat is turned to burgers and then there’s sauteeing, simmering, eggs, lemon, flour – the works!
Serves 4 – 6
Cooking time: 50 min
You need: a pot, a frying pan or skillet and a bowl
- 500g minced meat (beef). Ask the clerk to mince the beef once, not twice.
- 1 medium size onion, diced
- 3 eggs
- 1 bunch of parsley, finely chopped
- 1-2 pinches of oregano
- 1 slice of bread, wet (with water)
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1/2 glass (cup) olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- salt and pepper
- some olive oil for sauteeing
- 1 Lt hot water
- Knead the minced beef with the wet bread, 1 egg, the onion, the parsley, the oregano and salt and pepper.
- Turn it small burgers.
- Sautee the burgers in olive oil, in medium to low fire. You don’t want them fried, you want them browned (so that they don’t disintegrate later).
- Add less than 1/2 glass of olive oil in the pot.
- Turn the fire on to medium.
- Wait until the oil burns a little, then add the flour.
- Add to the pot 1/2 Lt hot water. It will sizzle. Don’t panic.
- Add the burgers in the pot, lower the fire to a simmering heat and let the burgers simmer for approx. 45 min.
- After that, add the leftover olive oil in the skillet, bring it to hot and add pepper.
- Pour the peppered oil on the burgers, in the pot.
- While the pot is doing what it has to do, always in low fire, beat the remaning 2 eggs in a bowl and add the lemon juice.
- Turn the fire off, wait a beat or two and cover the burgers with the egg and lemon mixture.
Notes on Burgers with Eggs and Lemon in the Pot
- Serve hot.