Batata Bil Bisbas
Cuisine: Moroccan / Morocco
This recipe for Morrocan for Potatoes with Fennel and Celery can be a starter, or a salad, or a main meal. There’s no rule. Enjoy! 🙂
Cooking time: 30 min
You need: a saucepan
- 1/3 of a glass (cup) olive oil
- 1/2 Kg (1 Lb) potatoes, cut in quarters
- 3 stalks of celery, cut in pieces of about 2.5cm (1 inch)
- 2 fennel bulbs, quartered and then halved (=each quarter cut in half)
- 2-3 garlic cloves, crushed
- Salt and pepper
- 4 sprigs mint, chopped coarsely
- 4 sprigs basil, chopped coarsely
- juice of 1 lemon
- Take a saucepan and pour in half of the olive oil.
- Add the potatoes.
- Add the celery and fennel on top of the potatoes.
- Add the garlic, salt and pepper.
- Add enough water to barely cover the (green) vegetables.
- Bring it to a boil
- Simmer for about 15 minutes with the lid on.
- Fifteen minutes later: add the mint and the basil.
- Stir and cook without the lid to reduce the liquid for approx. 10 minutes.
- Take the saucepan off the fire, let it sit for a moment and drizzle in the lemon juice and the rest of the olive oil.
Notes on Moroccan Potatoes with Fennel and Celery
- Potatoes can be peeled or with their skin on. If the latter just make sure you wash them very, very well.
- Can be served hot, warm or cold – your choice.
How to Cut and Core Fennel Bulbs
- We have a video for you, here.