Oeufs cocotte aux morilles
No need for formal introductions for this one.
Let’s cook, shall we? 🙂
Cooking time: 20 min.
You need: an oven baking dish and 6 ramequins
Option: requires 2hrs of soaking if the mushrooms are dry
- 1 cup of morels or other mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp of butter
- 1/2 cup (glass) heavy cream, preferably crème fraiche
- 1/2 cup (glass) grated Gruyère
- 1/2 cup (glass) diced ham
- Freshly ground pepper
- 6 eggs, at room temperature
- 6 slices white or whole wheat bread
- If you’re using dry morels, put them in water for 2hrs to reconstitute. Then squeeze them dry and chop.
- Preheat the oven to 180C / 350F.
- Take a bowl,
- Mix the cream, ham, and morels.
- Divide the mixture among the ramequins.
- In each remaquin make a hole in the centre of the mixture.
- Break an egg into each hole.
- Top with freshly ground pepper.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until the white of the egg is set, while the yolk remains soft.
- Toast the bread and cut it into fingers.
- Serve the bread with the baked eggs.
Notes on Baked Eggs with Morels