This Korean Garlic Chive Salad can be savoured as a salad or a side dish, preferably with grilled beef, dumpling soups or Bibimbap (mixed rice) during the summer. It tastes of garlic and onion and it is served at room temperature. Enjoy!
Serves: 4 as a side dish, 2 as a salad
Cooking time: less than 5 min
You need: a mixing bowl
- 2 cups of Korean garlic chives – cut into 5cm/2inch pieces
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp white vinegar
- 2 Tsp Gochugaru spice
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
- Optional: 1 Tsp toasted sesame seeds
- Take a medium mixing bowl and mix all of the ingredients together.
- Toss well to combine.
- Serve at room temperature.
- (That’s all.)
Notes on Korean Garlic Chive Salad
- The taste is strong, so, be careful with that.
- Korean Garlic Chives, Buchu, differ from Western chives and taste like a combination of garlic and chives. If Korean garlic chives are unavailable in your area you could use a combination of thinly sliced scallions, onions, and chives.