The Korean Chicken and Ginseng Soup is one of many Korean classic, traditional chicken recipes. Enjoy!
Cooking time: @ 30 min
You need: a skillet and a pot
- 1 glass (cup) of shredded cooked chicken
- 2 Tbsp garlic, diced
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 Tbsp fresh ginger, diced
- 8 glasses (cups) of chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 to 2 Tsp red chili pepper paste
- 1 Tsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 green onions (scallions) chopped fine
- Put the sesame seeds in a skillet and stir fry for 1 minute. You know the’re ready when they turn golden brown. Turn off the fire and move the skillet aside.
- Take a large pot.
- Add the garlic, the chicken broth and the ginger, turn on the fire and heat until it boils.
- Blend in the chili paste, the soy and the sesame oil.
- Then, drop in the chicken and keep on cooking until the chicken meat warms up. (How much it warms up, is up to you.)
- Ready to serve. Scoop the soup from the pot and into the serving bowls.
- Drizzle each bowl with the green onions (scallions) and sesame seeds.
Notes on Korean Chicken and Ginseng Soup
- Serve with rice.
- Recipe for Asian style chicken broth, here