A really simple, delicious and trouble-free “pesto” sauce using walnuts and parsley instead of basil and pine nuts. Let’s give it a go!
Cooking time: 10 minutes
You will need: a food blender or processor
- 2 cups fresh parsley without the stems,
- 1/4 cup walnuts,
- 1 Tbsp dry basil,
- 2 garlic cloves,
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated,
- 3/4 cup olive oil,
- Salt and pepper.
- Put everything in a food blender or food processor except for the olive oil.
- Start blending and slowly add olive oil little by little until the ingredients have turned to a paste.
- At the end, add salt and pepper to taste, if you feel you need more.
- That’s all. 🙂
Notes on Pesto with Parsley and Walnuts
- Serve the pesto warm, not cold.
- So, if you made it and stored it in the fridge, take it out and put it in a little pan over low to very low heat while the pasta is boiling.
- Divide the portions of pasta in single bowls or plates, spoon pesto onto each and mix with a fork. Make sure you put ample pesto on each serving!
- Regarding the amount of olive oil: 3/4 cup is reasonable but feel free to adjust the quantity as you see fit.
- Serve with pasta or use it as a pizza topping. (That’s an idea!)