A simple, fast and tasty Japanese salad with Okra and Bonito fish Curiously, okra is not very popular in North America but it is preferred and cooked voraciously in other parts of the World. Japan is one of them.
Cooking time: 10 min
You need: a pot
- 40 Okras
- 50g (or more, there’s no rule) dry bonito shavings or flakes
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- Cut the top off the okras
- Take a pot, put them in, and boil them in salted water for 3-5 minutes.
- Take the pot of the fire, drain the okras in a colander or sieve.
- Put the sieve under cold running water.
- Drain the water, put them on a cutting board and chop them to pieces – as wide or thin as you like.
- Put them in a bowl, add the soy sauce and drizzle with the bonito shavings.
Notes on the Japanese Okra and Bonito Salad